CAD/CAM Milling Machine - CEREC
Our office is equipped with a CAD/CAM porcelain, milling machine (Brand name is CEREC).
With this technology we are able to prepare the tooth for the needed restoration, inlay, onlay or crown, take a computer image and mill the restoration out of porcelain and bond it into place during one visit. We are able to save more of the natural tooth structure and it is accomplished without using metals.
How is this done:
- An optical 3D image is acquired with a small camera, directly in your mouth.
- The restoration is created on the screen using the image data.
- Diamond coated instruments mill a ceramic block to reproduce the design.
- After polishing, the new restoration fits precisely.
- A unique light hardens the bonding material, uniting porcelain and tooth.
The perfectly bonded porcelain ensures an extremely long life for your teeth and gives maximum strength with great looks, and the entire process usually is accomplished during a single appointment.